Elder Isaac Blake

Elder Isaac Blake
Email: isaac.blake@myldsmail.net

Monday, March 30, 2015

Studies

Hey fam,
I'm gonna base my letter in a lot of the things I've been studying this week - I think all really applies to how I feel and what I'm looking for in my life and the rest of my mission. It's also kinda funny because I'm registering for BYU classes this week aka my studies O.o. But first, a quick update on the people!
Our number one family, the Alagastin Family, is progressing very nicely. They're seeing and feeling the blessings of the Gospel in their family - peace, unity, and direction. They are: Marcelo and Fernanda (30ish), Camila 9, Melina 6, Aimee 3, y Mauro (8 months). A really cute, loving family. A missionary's dream.
We also have another great young fam, the Aguierres. Ale and Yanina (25ish) and Franco 6, Carolina 3, and Antonella 2. They live in the humblest neighborhood in the area and perhaps the whole city. Ale has been building their house (a brick hut with a tin roof about 20 by 20 feet) these last few weeks with his own 2 hands. We met them "knocking on doors" which is really clapping our hands and waving. He was amazed at the prospect of another testament of JC and is eating the BoM. This week, they kinda got serious as a couple and have decided that they want to follow the path of discipleship as a family. It's fun to see people committ and see the blessings in their homes.
Anyways - I've been studying the plan of Salvation and meditating on Exaltation. It's a constant struggle to find people that are receptive to listen to us and act according to our invitations. Focusing on the end goal motivates me and should motivate us all. What God promises us, through the infinite Atonement of Jesus Christ and the Restoration of His Gospel is peace in this world, and eternal joy in the world to come. It's impossible to define joy or happiness, but you know what I mean. ANd I can promise that the best joy, better than beating Natick or screaming down the highway blasting music with the boys, comes from God's plan.
Hahaha, well my time has gone. Hebrews 11 and Alma 57:21 (Yea, and they did obey and observe to perform every word of command with exactness; yea, and even according to their faith it was done unto them; and I did remember the words which they said unto me that their mothers had taught them.) - it's so important to exercise our faith in God and His commandments (and small mission rules like the schedule etc). This is what prepares us for a Celestial, exalted glory. I'm learning to worry about my own obedience with exactitude and my own faith, and then trying influence others to do the same. I learned this week that it's not always the most effective to just tell someone straight up what their faults are, even with the best of intentions.
I'm gonna keep trying my best to fulfill my purpose to invite ALL to come unto Christ and exercise more faith unto obedience, repent more sincerely, and honor and make covenants.
Love yall
Elder Blake
Other study influences, Talks from Oct 14 by Cook and Uchtdorf (Is it I?)



In the goal... Tim Thomas playing futbol


exercises with a granite rock



Selfy from the net


No comments:

Post a Comment