Elder Isaac Blake

Elder Isaac Blake
Email: isaac.blake@myldsmail.net

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Back to the Basics

Hey fam,
This week was AWESOME! Elder Edwards and I repented and lit the flame again. We suffered more than anything from a giant lack of sleep and a really gloomy weather, but the past is behind!
I like this scripture to describe the renewed focus:

"but behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass;" - Alma 37:6
I've realized this week, after complicating a lot of things in the last few months, that I need to edify my rock upon the simplest Gospel principles: Faith and Repentance. Below these principles, the simple things: Prayer and Scripture Study. I realized that my prayers have really been suffering lately, and have committed myself to pray with more fervor. Also, I've been studying a lot of GC talks and other material that's good, but not better or best (s/o Elder Oaks). I'm focusing my studies on how to teach the Restoration and Libro de Mormon with more power and clarity. EVERYTHING DEPENDS ON THE BOOK OF MORMON. I'm so grateful that I know that this book is true. It's the foundation of my discipleship as a servant of Jesus Christ. I know that it is true.
Yesterday, we saw some fruits of a more focused, dedicated week. The Rodriguez family was there, as well as a father and daughter that are friends with Maria Victoria, the girl I baptized in January. They're both really excited and loving Church. We're gonna keep focusing on the simple: The Book of Mormon.
I love this work and feel so blessed every day. There is nothing like being an instrument in God's hands for the blessing of another person. I know that the Gospel is true.
A few shout outs:
Jazmyn! Congrats on the marriage!!
Familia Marcantano, thanks for the letter last week! I'm gonna keep hunting out the people who genuienly desire to follow Christ!
Love ya'll!!
Elder Isaac Blake

The photos below were on the mission Facebook page. I (Julia) am SO thankful to Sister Chaparro for posting!!




No comments:

Post a Comment