Elder Isaac Blake

Elder Isaac Blake
Email: isaac.blake@myldsmail.net

Saturday, May 23, 2015

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY BROTHAS

How can I not start with some huge shoutouts to 3 important men in my life -    
Big Pop aka Robin aka Uncle Jonny
 52, The Crusher, Elder Blake
 Elder Slighting (sorry, can't think of a lame nickname)

This has been a kinda hectic yet low-key week. Elder Slighting and I administered transfers from HQ from Saturday to Tuesday which was kinda stressful. We got to attend the Cordoba Temple dedication, but I wish I would have been more alert. Don't know why I've been so dog tired lately but I'm combating it with better AM exercises. We got back into the habit of running in a nearby park and I'm slowly but steadily running gassers like in the good ole days of football. Alas, it's not the same without Coach Griff or Davis screaming...

Hahahah, well, we welcomed a new group of Elders and Sisters. They all seem like really good people, excited to serve. One of them has the awesome blessing of starting his mission where Elder Miño started his, in the blessed land of Alberdi 2 in Jujuy, where the Brajedas live. LOVE THAT AREA AND FAMILY.

The rest of the week Elder Tello and I have been working in our area. The Chuychuy family supposedly is doing great, but sadly I'm not so in tune because of the days I've had to stay behind in the offices etc. Apparently they got a wedding date for June 5, which they're excited about. They'll then get baptized on the 6th! I wish I could be more involved with them, but hey, what're you gonna do. "Seek ye first the kingdom of God.."

I loved what you all shared with me this week. I've especially been thinking today about some of the notes from Pres Packard (can't believe they almost finish :( ). I absolutely testify that spiritual growth isn't a steady line, rather a zig zag. I've talked with E Slighting about how even on our missions, and even though we're conscious of this, it's so easy to fall into the mini pride cycle and kinda relax, only to be called to repentance. I personally feel like I've been on the slide lately and am struggling to get back to climbing and improving. I miss the mission field...

However, how marvelous is it that we can repent? I've been trying to receive revelation on how to better apply the Atonement in my life and I'm starting to see the windows open a bit. I love the Book of Mormon (Brig, I'm also in the middle of 3 Nefi) as well as the Bible. Check out this verse in 1 Peter:

24 For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereofalleth away:
 25 But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel ipreached unto you.
I'd substitute the word "word" in 25 for 'glory.' When we seek our own glory, we're shooting ourselves in the foot, an empty investment. Tryin to be more humble.

As for less spiritual things:

Mom, sign me up to work at Caribeau, although I need to confirm again with the gang to know when they all go back up to school. Let's see how many of my friends actually read my letters hahaha. Gang, when do you go back to school in August?

As for my knee, I'm 95 percent sure I tore my meniscus doing mountain climbers (an exercise) in January. Since then, I'm walking and running fine but I still notice that not everything's ok down there. Can you talk to Jesse Dimmick and Dr. Weitzel to get their advice? Perhaps better to operate ASAP.

Gonna sign off now. I know that Jesus Christ is the center of God's plan, and that thru His suffering, we can be clean, as long as we sincerely repent! I'm so grateful that His gospel has been restored, and I'm also infinitely grateful that I've been blessed with 2 incredible missionaries in my life that help me live it! Elder Jonathan and Sister Julia Blake are called of God and teach quite well! Thank you for your rock solid values and also your strictness, yet coolness, and forever your love. 

Elder Isaac Blake

No comments:

Post a Comment