Elder Isaac Blake

Elder Isaac Blake
Email: isaac.blake@myldsmail.net

Monday, August 25, 2014

Aug 24, 2014

Hey fam,

We had a good good week - I've briefly scanned some of your emails from today - thank you all for the support, especially you mom!! We're trying to focus on the people and their eternal well being. I'm learning to stand up for what I feel is right, regardless of what anyone else says.

Had some really riveting experiences this week. I feel like Blake Dowling a bit in that I finally have a pool of consistent investigators that don't come and go from week to week - we saw a lot of progress in some and others sadly hit some walls. 

Monday, we taught the Restoration to an older woman who's Catholic and lets us know, but has family problems and wants our help. She actually understood, and we knelt in prayer to ask together if Jose Smith saw HF and Jesus. She asked humbly, and we knelt there for legit 5 minutes in silence. She said she felt God responded. Jubilee. Haven't seen her since tho...

Had 2 jovenes, Ag. and Jul. , that both made a ton of progress this week. I've been teaching them for more than a month now. Ag. told us that some classmates saw her LdM in her backpack and started making fun of her. She stayed strong tho - we've been working with her to work up the courage to come to church and Elder Miño gave her an alarm clock. I was playing the piano when I saw her walk into Sac Meeting. I almost fist pumped I was so happy. 

Jul. is reading the book of Mormon and finally accepted a firm baptismal date. He got to church on his own at 9 (before us!).

Our boy Le. got baptized! Unfortunately, Mar. and Luc. wimped out or got scared or something and told us they want to wait. We feel like we should focus on their mom (H.) and baptize the 3 together, 
but there is a lot of pressure from upstairs to baptize the girls ASAP. Like I said, learning to defend what I feel the Spirit is telling me at all costs. 

Wed, we showed up to prep Le., but instead he had 5 buddies waiting that he wanted us to teach. Taught the Gospel and all accepted dates, but they disappeared after. We'll work with Le. and each one individually. Their neighborhood is the most ghetto and all have struggled with drugs or are currently struggling. Sunday, we took a blind man, who we met on a street corner last week, to church. Hugo. Capo. He liked church and wants to come back. Sunday was also filled with the Highs and Lows. Backtrack first tho - 

Wed, we taught Flo. and gave her a LdM. She said she's been praying to know if Jose Smith was a prophet and on her own felt that she received an answer. I feel SOOOOO much love for her and Fab. They are changing my life. Unfortunately, we received some bad news about them. Early Sun morning, someone kidnapped their 7 month old daughter. We didn't know more than that until the afternoon. Around 9:30, we were walking with Hugo when Fab. flagged us down. I ran across the street (after looking both ways), and just hugged the heck out of him. He was distraught and a bit drunk. I felt horrible for him, but also felt peace in that everything happens for a reason and that everything will be ok. 

I told him I love him and we’re praying for them.

In the afternoon, we stopped by his mom's house and she told us they found P. (the baby) but that she thinks Flo. was in the police station behind bars. She didn’t know more and that's the last thing we’ve heard. Pray for them please.

Ended the semana, despite the ups and downs, with one of the best lessons of my life. We taught our boy Adrian, who went to church last week – a miracle in and of itself. We planned to give him a LdM and invite him to be baptized. The plan worked to perfection and our comp study practices helped a ton.

I feel more love for this 70 year old than anyone else I know (biased feelings right now obviously). He’s just the def of  boss hog.

He takes our questions and savors them in his mind, then very calmly and sincerely answers. He’s legit. He understands. When I invited him to be baptized, he paused.......

Si.....

YEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS, Lettttttssssss goooooooooooooo.

We invited him for Sep 13 and he said it'd be better the 20th because he’s gonna throw his b-day party on the 13th. I asked – we’re not invited (yet).

Hahahah anyways, I’m loving the people and the places. There is a lot of happiness in this true work. Happy b-day Noah !!!  Weird to think that a year ago Wed I entered the MTC (Missionary Training Center). Time flies, don’t miss it.

I’ll end with a dope quote from Pres - "donde tiene puesta su mirada, su atención, su enfoque o como quiera llamarlo determinara en gran medida lo que recibirá y los resultados que tendrá en la vida."   (Google Translate: "which has on your look, your attention, your focus or whatever you call it largely determines what you will receive and the results they have in life.")

Love ya'll, 

Elder Blake

No comments:

Post a Comment