Elder Isaac Blake

Elder Isaac Blake
Email: isaac.blake@myldsmail.net

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Bomb Week

Maybe I said that last week, but life really is starting to get incredible. We've basically cleaned house here in Limache in 3 weeks, with a pool of about 10 solid investigators that we've found, really due to the work/spirit of Elder Hermansen. It's frickin fulfilling to see people actually progressing towards conversion instead of just meeting the check-off-the-box requirements for baptism. 

The more I work, the more I have to cede to agency. The people that we're teaching actually want us to come over. We don't need to beg every time to get led in. Agency, the ability of choice, a gift from God, is incredible. Yeah, it means that people will unfortunately dwindle in unbelief, but for those that choose to exercise faith, the reward of a personal journey to meet, know, and follow Christ is indescribable. Man, it's just toooooo fun to teach these good people. 10 hour work days feel like literally 1 hour. Right now, that's way fine with me. However, I'm sure the rapidity will bite me in the behind in a matter of years when I have to be a real person. 

I was thinking the other day how blessed I am to be out here. I sometimes wake up and look at the calender of Wellesley, the pic Anna drew of me, and the painting my sweet mother did of me and 52 hugging after my 1 meager TD of Senior Year, and miss my other life. Then, I remember that every freakin day I get to work out while listening to 3 General Conference talks, eat a nice old omelet, study the freakin scrips for an hour, plan the lessons and the work with Herm, and then save souls!!! Every single freakin day. College will be sweet, but this is the life. 

That reminds me: THANKS FOR THE PACKAGE!!!! Wow, last Monday was the best p-day ever. I cooked up a nice 3 dollar steak (better than anything in the States for $20) with Mom's steak rub, read letters, looked at pics. Also got like 10 Christmas cards which was dope. I love you all and your thoughts, prayers, and most of all letters are much appreciated.

Alright, logistics:

1. In the next big package, can you send gold bond, family recipes, a good quality rain jacket, lots more pics, including of the house with snow, a veggie (carrot) peeler, and 4 .20mm (the smallest) black architect pens. The one you sent is exactly what I need, but the tip was a bit messed up. Also, in the future, the granola is incredible with the yogurt here, and you can save space by just sending the powdered cheese from Annie Shells. I can buy good pasta.

2. Make sure everyone know my letter address. Also, starting now I have a deal. IF YOU WRITE ME BY HAND, I PROMISE A RESPONSE BY HAND.

Letter Mailing Address

Elder Isaac Blake
Argentina Salta Mission
Casilla de Correo 429
4400 Salta
Salta
Argentina

Package Mailing Address

Elder Isaac Blake
Argentina Salta Mission
Los Eucaliptus 75 B Tres Cerritos
4400 Salta
Salta
Argentina





No comments:

Post a Comment