Elder Isaac Blake

Elder Isaac Blake
Email: isaac.blake@myldsmail.net

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

October 21, 2013

Family and Friends,

Life is great. I'm adjusting perfectly fine to the newness of it all. There are dogs everywhere you look (in fact, there is one climbing on my back in this cyber cafe as I write!) but in general they aren't bad. Also, its not an uncommon occurence for someone to scream ¨hello¨or ¨how are you¨ immediatley upon seeing my white skin and light brown hair. Quite fun. The only thing right now, apart from the language of course, is the killer heat. Must have hit 100 yesterday. I'm sure you aren't loving the cool fall air but know I miss it dearly! I can't say I'm looking forward to spending Christmas in a puddle of sweat!

As for the Raider Card story Mom, you'd be surprised how similar Raider Cards and the mission is! Let's just say I get rejected my fair share! Side note, s/o to the Superkos for hooking Brigham up!

Your questions:
1. I would love if Brigham used my PFs! Write a 40 and 52 or something on them!

2. I´m looking in to contacts here. It's unsurprising very difficult to talk prescription and length of supply in Spanish and in pesos! I'm gonna hold up but I'll let you know when I get around to it.

3. PLEASE make a binder of my emails!

4. Keep the blog open! It will be far more effictive that way. 

5. Doug sent me an email that I need you to help me with. I'll forward it to you!

Side note for DJ - Still haven't had a traditional steak. Only thing I've really had is milanesa, chicken breast, empanadas, potato salad, and rice. Every meal is some combo of that.

Hardest thing right now is not the language. I can communicate and understand well enough in lessons. On the street, its coming. The hardest thing these last few days has been motivation/distraction. Nothing major but this p-day has already been a huge blessing in terms of getting some real world info and putting my purpose back in perspective. Will admit though, knowing Brigham is under the knife as we speak and will be suffering these next few weeks isn't easy. I'll address that in his email.

Last side note, love the sports updates! Go Sox! Perfect amount of info, though I would like to know how the Pats are doing. 
Not a lot of time but I wanna share some experiences from this week. I read a talk from Elder Bednar, in Spanish, in the Liahona (a church magazine in Spanish). We have every Liahona from this last decade! Anyway, the theme was that through the healing power of the atonement, we can be lifted to overcome and withstand anything. God isn't gonna lift our burdens, but rather strengthen us so that we can lift them! How great a knowledge! There were some great scrips from Mosiah and Alma but I don't remember them! Brigham - *D&C 103:36 - recovery will be tough but you can get through it!
*Doctrine and Coventants (Mormon scripture) 'All victory and glory is brought to pass unto you through your diligence, faithfulness, and prayers of faith.'

Mom and Dad, very cool experience you had with Michelle L. Had a very similar one with an investigator named Victoria. We've been teaching her for only a week now. She is super golden and willing, but doesn't feel prepared or sufficiently changed to be baptized. I shared Alma 7:15-16  with her and she accepted a date for this Saturday!  
(from the Book of Mormon) Alma 7:15-16
15 Yea, I say unto you come and fear not, and lay aside every sin which doth easily beset you, which doth bind you down to destruction, yea, come and go forth, and show unto your God that ye are willing to repent of your sins and enter into a covenant with him to keep his commandments, and witness if unto him this day by going into the waters of baptism.
16 And whosoever doeth this, and keepeth the commandments of God from thenceforth, the same will remember that I say unto him, yea, he will remember that I said unto him, he shall have eternal life, according to the testimony of the Holy Spirit, which testifieth in me.
Not a lot of time, but the Spirit was strong! Michelle, you are ready now!
Looking Sunburned :(

Sorry - I can't figure out how to rotate this.

Bathroom

Bedroom

Study Area
See 2 Nephi 26:24 'He doeth not anything save it be for the benefit of the world; for he loveth the , even that he layeth down his own life that he may draw all men unto him. Wherefore, he commandeth none that they shall not be partakers of his salvation.'

Finally, as you can see from the pics, I had my first baptism Saturday! Sadly the attendence consisted of 6 missionaries, 1st counseler of the bishopric, and the relief society pres. Regardless, it was a really cool experience! 

Hopefully I haven't set the bar too high for deep, profound emails! Can't think of much else to say. I've reached the end of the honeymoon stage - time to roll up my sleeves and get to work for the next 22 months!

Love you

Raider Pride and Gang Love for life

Elder Blake

No comments:

Post a Comment